August 9, 2005

Back to work

So Lee went back to work today, and actually around my house it felt good. He had his lunch packed and seemed in charge and ready to leave the responsibilities of the kids good bye. Because, as much as the summer is fun and being home is fun, it means that you have to take care of more than just yourself. When it is your day to work, you can leave the laundry and the dishes for the other person bc you will be gone and they will be home. So today, I got it all, but also when you are home and it is just you, you can boss everyone else. So I had a nice morning bossing everyone around. Then I had a gouchy afternoon folding laundry while Lee got to work.
I am starting t really feel sad that the summer is over, I am not ready to start the nightly painao practice and homework fights. I keep thinking that this will be the easy year. Then my rational side realizes that every year is better and worse that the year before, although in completly different ways.

No comments: