December 11, 2006

Parenting Hot Line

Every parent should receive with their child, a free 24 hour hot line phone number that is always staffed with the leading experts on all child issues - not just drugs and bullies, because those are the easy ones and there are a lot of self help books for that. I am talking about the daily problems, the self esteem, -
the being afraid to shoot a basket at basketball practice because I don't know how to shoot and everyone else on the team seems to know already - and how did they find out how to shoot and no one ever told me - I must be stupid and they must be smart ....
or how about the clubs and friendship scrimishes on the play ground - one day you're the president of the club, the next day you're not in the club...
How is a parent supposed to even know what to say, it is hard to give your child advice, be supportive and understanding. I just don't know what to say to them anymore...
Teddy cries at night that he never wants to grow up and he is afraid to get older and he wishes he could stay little and safe forever... in my heart, I wish that he didn't have to grow up either,

No comments: