May 31, 2008

Oversharing

There is a new vocabulary word bouncing around the blogosphere, oversharing.  Oversharing is a blogger that reveals so much of themselves and their loved ones that it causes dysfunction and breakup in their personal life… which of course, leads to more midnight blogging of family secrets.

Some bloggers document their daily life and mundane routines in such a way that there is no need to change the names of the innocent.  For example, the many cute family/workout/diet blogs that I love to read.  Some bloggers change their names and the names of everyone in the blog, my personal favorites are Crabby and Merry from crankyfitness.com.  They reveal only a little of themselves.  Although this year with their move across the country I have learned so much more about them.

My blog really started with Carolyn’s Cure, where I was basically copying my daily journal online.  This worked because my topic was so very focused each day and each experience was new and “newsworthy”.  These days Teddy’s house is just my friendly little quips of stupid suburban family life.   I have thought of actually putting my journal entries up there for all to see (haha – joke’s on me).. except that documenting the painful aspects of raising two boys and working on an 18 year old marriage just seems to be out of place with the best interest of my family.  Maybe my blog is just my space to keep it light and anonymous and merely to document that a boring life is still a life. J

2 comments:

joyfulinthehood said...

I already like you and when I occasionally think to read your blog - I like you even more.
- Suz

Anonymous said...

movie, with sound, with teddy -- wow -- welcome to the 21 centruy

jbr