February 17, 2008

100 Day Countdown

Hmm... I am not sure how this all started back in September. I remember that I was attending quite a few football practices with Josh. His practice would go every night (yes, every) from 5:30 - 7. Not really enough time for me to get home and do much and also Teddy often had soccer practice at the same time. I was not yet comfortable with leaving J for too long. Football is such a tough sport and the coaches that he had are such yellers. Anyway, so it began as a way to pass the time - I will take a walk to the library and back. I think I will run to the gas station and back. It slowly built up to nearly every night I was running a mile or two. By the end of the season when it started getting cold I was running 3 -4 miles and looking forward to it. It was at a time in my life when I really needed something new.
So here I am. I just signed up to run a 1/2 marathon with S - in 100 days. Can I do it? yes, I know that I can do it, even if I walk it. How competitive will I be? I know that I do not have a really competitive spirit as far as needing to reach and pass the person in front of me in a race. I also know that partly my goal of running is so that I can eat and still fit into my clothes. I would like to run the entire way.. is that ambitious enough?

No comments: