January 10, 2008

Surprise afternoon

On Wednesday's for 6 weeks I am committed to be a chaperone at Ski Bradford - which I actually never really mind. It is a nice time to observe the boys with their peers - something I don't get to see much. The only bad thing is that it is a long time (4+ hours) to sit around the crowded ski lodge. In the past weeks I have snowboarded with J, this week I planned to sneak in a run and packed all my gear... including hat, gloves, and running shoes. At the last minute, I decided that I did not have to go - there were already 5 other moms going and K reassured me that she would help T rent a snowboard - so I ducked out. At first I really did not know if I wanted the afternoon off, but it did turn out to be a lovely quiet afternoon.I went out for my run and forced myself to run the long loop around B school, I was thinking the entire run that I must be going more than 5 miles, it turns out that it was just barely 5 miles and I did have to do a little walking, but I finished in 60 minutes. Slow, but I was alone and it was cold out... I still need to figure out how to speed up my pace. I had a quick hot tub and then sat on the couch for almost 2 hours... at last minute I got up and power cleaned and folded laundry. The dogs were certainly happy that I was home and it was nice to actually spend time in the house, it doesn't happen often enough.

No comments: