June 13, 2008

Saving gas

I rode my the company bike to work today!  I do not actually own a working bike and I did not win the free bike from my favorite  blog, crankyfitness.com.  However, for reasons still unknown to me, one of my partners here at work bought 2 bikes last summer (with the company cash).  I think he wanted a new bike and justified his purchase by buying some extras.  So, anyway I have adopted one of the bikes. After much consultation with Lee as to the route that I should take and also much packing and repacking of my backpack (it feels so heavy – and yet has nothing in it!) I rode the 4+ miles to work.  Ok, so not a very long distance.  In fact it took me barely 20 minutes.  I haven’t been this early to work in a years.  The hardest part was negotiating the traffic and the train tracks.  There are a few potentially fatal intersections between home and work, and even in a car they can be suicidal.  I tried to be smart and still look “cool”.. ie.. not ride the entire way on the sidewalk.  I wanted to be a real rider… hmm… except that my helmet is completely broken and sits on my head sideways…J  Now, I just need to get me and the bike home.

 

No comments: