December 3, 2008

The Holiday spirit is coming...

I am a slob.. and rarely can anyone tell. My house is clean and the counters are always clear of "stuff", but I have a few messy secrets, like my Christmas lights.

I am sure that it is the same way every year, with every family. I think we all have intentions of packing away the lights in a neat and orderly fashion, but suddenly it's March and the snow is grey and dreary and it is all that I can do to get them off the tree and out of sight. So, here they are...




And it is a beautiful warm day, so it was finish raking leaves (yuck) or put the lights out.. a little better. Here they are after I sorted and untangled for long time,



The I strung them around the bushes, even getting them on the prickly bush - that I hate and vow every year to chop it down, or pay someone else to chop it down. This picture actually makes it look dead,

I am very proud of my work. I am the first one in the neighborhood to get the lights up. Lee even came in complaining that I deprived him of the annual torture of stringing lights. I'm a nice wife that way, depriving my hubby of torture.

No comments: