December 1, 2008


I ran away from home for a few days and went to visit my cousin Jules in Woodstock, NY. It is always so nice to be away from driving kids around and doing laundry and feeling responsible. Instead I got to sleep in (I actually only made it until 7:30, which is kinda' sleeping in for me) and hang out with my cousins and just hang out. How nice.

We got a chance to see each other, which although we keep in touch quite bit through email and facebook and sometimes a phone call, really nothing can be the same as being together. I meant to take some pictures, and I even brought my camera and then just couldn't get motivated to get the camera out. The sunrise on Saturday morning, coming up over the mountains was quite spectacular, you will just have to take my word for it. I also thought I might take some pictures of snow, since they already have some, but nope, couldn't get my camera out.
I really enjoyed the freedom of driving on my own, stopping whenever I wanted and only when I wanted. I brought some book on tapes and some snacks... overkill, she really doesn't live very far away and I have never been able to get interested in a book on tape for very long. I did get a chance to sing.. my kids won't let me sing to the radio if they are in the car.. I am that bad.
So, when I got home yesterday it was back to reality. Sometimes having a few days away makes you appreciate what you have at home, and appreciate your time away even more!

No comments: