January 30, 2009

2009 Race #1

My first race (a 10k) of 2009 is this weekend and I am starting to obsess over the details.



It is a race that Suzanne and I did together last year and we were surprising fast (for us!).



What time should I wake up? Give yourself plenty of time to do all the morning things, and not be rushed on last minute race stuff. Don't wake up so early that you are tired and hungry before the race even starts...



What time should I leave my house? I still have to pick up my race packet, so I need to go through registration, and of course there is the porta-potty line to consider, and it's going to be cold out so I don't want to be there too early and standing around.



And the most important detail



What should I wear? I really obsess about this, and not just for races, but for any winter outdoor running.

I love to run in the winter, it is much easier for me to breathe and I find the cold air to be energizing, as opposed to running in Florida which is like running through pudding, or something.



So tonight I will look through my running clothes, and do some laundry and try on different pairs of socks and check the weather report about 10 times.




No comments: