September 25, 2008

Germ Wars


I have this secret motherly pride - my kids have never been really sick. I say really sick because they have never missed school because they are too sick to go. This means no throwing up - How lucky I am!!!
However, every September we all get colds. This year I tried so hard to escape the school germ cold. Every time we walked in the door, wash your hands, wash your hands. I have the purell on my desk at work, the kids take it to school in their pockets and it is handy from every seat in the car.
Sadly, like the state of the middle east, the terrorist germs have gotten through. They haven't won, we are all still on our feet and going to work and school, but we are feeling the effects. Lots of kleenex use and lots of sniffling and coughing. The boys will make it to school all week, but just barely.

No comments: