September 29, 2008

Technical Downer

Occasionally, Lee will agree to watch a movie with me. It is not that he does not enjoy movies, he does(I think).
I love to watch movies and could have movie marathons every weekend if my kids would let me stay in my room the entire time and not feed them or drive them or watch them play sports in the rain, a subject for another day!
Lee just really has other things to do and he is always busy on the weekends... running and sleeping and watching the boys play sports in the rain. This weekend all sports were cancelled due to the deluge of rain that has been over NE for the past three days. It was a very timely weekend to get completely rained out; there was a lot of homework to get done at Teddy's house. Perfect for me - I can direct the homework assignments from the couch while watching whatever movies I could find, and hopefully convince Lee to watch with me. Yep- another topic to consider - Why are movies better when watched with someone else?
So, here is a list of broken electronics at Teddy's house..

  • pendant light in the kitchen - this has been broken for so many years it might not be fair to include it
  • dishwasher - yes, true we have been washing dishes by hand for a few weeks with no plans to get it fixed
  • the dvd player in the family room - last nights movie was watched on the laptop
  • keyboard of my computer - suddenly there is no SHIFT KEY! no biggie, right? Without a shift key it is absolutely impossible to do anything! This entry for example, is being typed on my laptop.. I couldn't sign in without the shift key... no shift key pretty much renders a computer useless. Teddy's house cannot function without a minimum of three working computers..

hmm.. I know that I will think of several more broken gadgets throughout the day today..

No comments: