October 26, 2007

In the swim

So, last year before I got sick I had started swimming at the Y pool a few days a week. Like all new exercise routines, it is so intimidating to start the lap swimming. I always felt the other swimmers around me were laughing and not taking me seriously because I can't do a flip turn and I am such a slow swimmer. ... is my stroke correct ... is everyone noticing that I have to stop and fix my goggles every few laps..... my breast stroke is awful on account of my left leg goes crooked in the water.well, last Friday and this Friday I have made it back to the pool! Betsey was there teaching a class so we chatted and I remembered that her daughter had gone off to college and she remembered that I had been sick, so it was really nice to catch up with her.I swam 20 laps the first Friday and 36 today!! It felt sooo great and I could have kept going except that the lap swim moved to the other pool and I was sort of out of sorts at moving and was cold. I went to sit in the sauna. It is amazing how good a few laps and the sauna can feel..

No comments: