November 13, 2008

Had a near disaster yesterday... my morning routine consists of checking my email, reviewing the headlines from a few different news sites and then updating my blog. During the day I jot down different blog ideas or take pictures of what is happening at Teddy's House so that I can come up with an entry every day (I try!) without it taking too much time.

Yesterday my world was all upset - no computer! I had some kind of disk error and the computer wouldn't start. Last month I couldn't log in because Lee was doing some routine maintenance , de-fragging. This was an entirely different kind of disaster.

Of course, we all know better - back up your computer because when it's gone it's gone. That is what I thought of all day... All my pictures, with no negatives to go back to.
How could I be so stupid and have no backups??? I hadn't run a back up since I got my new computer, for Christmas, four years ago!

Anyway, disaster was diverted. It turns out that I had the system disk for my laptop, which is also an HP brand. My computer is happy again, and of course I spent 2 hours last night making a complete backup of all my pictures - 7 disks full of pictures.

No comments: