November 13, 2008

I love my handy hubby!



I might have to go back and add a sound recording to this post so you can hear the hum (loud hum) of the dishwasher. It has been nearly 6 months of no dishwasher.
If any of my friends had told me that their dishwasher was broken for more than a few weeks, I would have thought they were crazy, until it happened to me.
I am not a huge fan of dishwashers, and often will just hand wash the dishes to that I can dry them and put them away. Except that it does get a little tedious when you have to hand wash everything.
I'm not sure why it took so long to get this thing fixed... it took about 4 months for "call dishwasher repair place" to make it onto a "todo list". Then after about a month of talking about calling, Lee finally did call. Then he couldn't make an appt. because he didn't know when I could be home to meet the Maytag guy.... then he made the appt. except that is was big bucks!
At Teddy's House we have been really trying to save our bucks and be cheap. Happily, Lee embraced this idea and ordered the part on line.. and a week later we had the part!
So, last night was a happy one at Teddy's House and noisy also, as we listened to the dishwasher wash.

No comments: