March 21, 2008

How am I ever gonna' get faster??

The wind today is so crazy that there is just no way I could really run. The temp is not horrible, upper 30’s and the sun in shining in a pleasant Vitamin D kinda’ way. I heard the wind howling all night and dreaded having to run. I am especially anxious about the 10 mile race next weekend (I am going to have to save the definition of race for another blog bc I do not yet race). I was up thinking about how far I need to run this week and what the weather was going to be like in NJ next weekend. I was almost ready to cancel my run with S and of course she will do whatever. I think we both have a little bit of competition between us, we can’t be a wimp and let the other run alone. Anyway, we headed out from her house and I wanted to do at least 7 or 8 and it turns out we actually ran just under 6. A little bit of a bummer and I need to remember to map out where we are going ahead of time so that I can add in some extra loops to keep the mileage up. It felt good and the real trick for me is not to talk to much so that I can keep my breathing steady. My throat is hurting and I am sure that is the cold weather and the terrible wind.

We have a funny adventure with the boys tonight, we are going to the Globetrotters. I will let you know how it is tomorrow,

No comments: