March 31, 2008

The New Jersey run

So, looking at the picture below, you can see that I am smiling - I only have 2 hours and 10 miles until I can be "done". Lee, who is not smiling has 26.2 miles and hopefully not too much longer than 4 hours to finish. We won't talk about the incredibly long ride home, which took 6+ hours.
The weekend turned out really fun and we had a good time with Larry and Kitty and Hannah and Lucas. The water park in the hotel was completly cheesy with lots of overweight french fry eating families.. it made me feel powerful over the bad choices going on in American today. The boys ran a 5k with Uncle Larry while Lee and Kitty and I were running and they did great! It is exciting to see their run times improving and see them enjoying the races more (I am not sure that Josh will ever love to run).
I am happy to have this goal behind me - I still can't beleive that I ran 10 miles! My legs are tired and want a rest, but the rest of me is excited at my accomplishment. Next Goal - The Run to Remember 13.1 miles, May 25.... yikes!

No comments: