March 22, 2008

I have a problem with

Waffle makers. I really want to like to do the cooking at home. And I keep trying by way of reading lots of healthy cooking magazines and buying the correct ingredients, but the actually execution seems to be missing. Today I volunteered to make the breakfast waffles using the fresh strawberrys L had purchased earlier in the week. They had to be used quickly. So using the Trader Joes mix and adding my own yummy stuff – wheat germ, rolled oats, yogurt – I made a fantastic waffle batter batch. But, as you can see from the pictures I do not have a very good sense of how a waffle maker works. The waffles tasted good but I made a mess of the waffle maker and the counter and the clean up was not worth it.

It is another cold day today and we are home getting stuff done. Lee is fighting with the leaking toilet and the J is studying hard for a test next week. I am heading out to the mall to buy a dress for the wedding we are attending in April. 400 guests and my sisters and cousins and no kids! Lee and I on an airplane together – alone (and I know that you know what I mean). I love having a vacation to look forward to,

No comments: