March 25, 2008

spinning spinning spinning

For anyone who has not tried spinning class, it really is something not to be missed. It ranks up there with running on a cold and windy day, you really don’t enjoy it until you are done. I go with my friend C every couple of weeks (she goes a few times a week, and I just can’t keep up). The basic class is a 10 minute warm up on a “flat road” and then 2 or 3 hills, each taking about 8 minutes to climb. Now the trick is not to “cheat” because it is very easy and tempting to cheat. No one is paying attention to you and no one can tell what resistance your wheel is at. I try and keep my eyes closed and to really imagine that I am outside riding alone in the Italian country side or a cross country race, instead of my usual which is riding the bike path with the boys on the way to school.

I am hoping that all this spinning will get my back side ready for bike riding this summer. The triathlon is in July and I think I still have a lot of practicing to do and a lot more miles in the Italian country side until I am ready for that,

No comments: