March 18, 2008

I love this warm weather

Haha! I cannot believe that I am happy about 40 degrees! It is cold out, but what great running weather. Today I left work early – this is getting to be a regular Tuesday event, and met S at her house. I was changed into my sneakers and ready to go. The head band seems to be really helping my ear pain problem. So, the training schedule says we need to go 3.5 miles today and actually I think that we ended up closer to 4. It was one of the few runs that I was actually stronger than S. She was struggling with her breathing and as long as I do not have to talk, I can keep moving in a good groove. I also think that we were pretty fast – in a relative kind of way.

When Teddy got home from school he had it in his mind that he needed to start practicing his running. The family is signed up to do a 5k on Sunday (hilly and challenging) and I think that he wants to be able “run by himself”. Somehow he has delusions that he is going to win…

I am still thinking that I will be able to do the 10 mile race next in 2 hours. I would love to set a time goal for the half marathon, but I think that it is too early to tell.

My knee is hurting, more than I am letting on. I only just starting icing and resting it on the off days.

No comments: