October 29, 2008



I have my annual CT scan this morning, which means no breakfast and NO COFFEE. Actually I am having black coffee, which I do not prefer but it will be enough to keep the caffeine headache away until I can have a DD on the way home.


Anyway, I am trying not to dwell too much on the test today, the good and the bad, and I will make it a topic for blogging next week when I have the results.

Today I will distract myself with one of my universal pet peeves, littering. When I am queen of the world anyone who litters will go to jail (and smot pokers can be free). I have a few memories of being scared to litter when I was growing up. And some memories of tv commercials talking about how bad littering is for the earth and memories of fines for littering.

Do kids these days not grow up with that rule? (I love that phrase "kids these days"!!) I am confused when I watch a car pull out of a parking space and leave behind a pile of trash.

Also, one study (in Northern Ireland) shows that young teenagers will not listen to laws/rules/parents, however, they are influenced by their peers and by their affinity to animals... so, how's this to get kids to stop littering?


No comments: