October 27, 2008

Living in NE

Generally, I do not love the weather in NE. I am happiest when the temperature is 85+ and I can be near the beach.
However, there are a few exceptions to that;

I do enjoy running when it is cool outside and this is the time of year when running outside is the most joyful. Last week I went out for a few dinner time runs and came home in the dark, which is really relaxing and meditative. On Sunday I went out for my weekly long run. It had just stopped raining and was still very early and there was practically no traffic and no one else outside, really great. The park was empty,




The beautiful leaves signify the end of summer, which makes me so depressed. The dying trees and the bare branches, just getting ready for winter and snow and cold. Very very depressing,





I spent Sunday preparing for hibernation, getting out the flannel sheets and the turtle necks. I wasn't quite ready to start raking, that will have to wait until the last possible minute. This is the last week of football and soccer, then we start with the winter sports (ugh!).

No comments: