October 2, 2008


There are some things that I can remember very distinctly (the other 90% is part of the whole NARFiness problem). I really really remember "cereal battles" with my brother. A cereal battle can be a few different things, but generally it is a battle for control of a box cereal.

It is very important to be the one that gets the first serving of a new box cereal. So, if you know that there is a little bit left in the box, you let your brother help himself first and he would have to finish the old box (yucky) and you could be the first one at the new box (taste better - don't know why). Also, if there is an old box of cereal, even if it is your favorite cereal, after a few days it cannot be consumed, too stale, too yucky. You would have to leave the old box in the cupboard with 1/2 serving in the bag and move on to a different box.

I clearly remember the lecture that my mom used to give (that I am practicing to give to my boys any day now) "I will not be buying new cereal until the old cereal is gone!"

I also remember my mom eating a mish mash of all the cereals just to use up the old boxes and clear the shelves.. guess what my late night snack was last night?
Honey-Puffins-Flakes-O's with raisins...

No comments: