October 23, 2008

No more DC





Two years ago my entire life was changed and some of those most drastic changes were to my diet. Of course I have been "on a diet" forever, except that bc my diet was a bag of Doritos and 3 vodka tonics (20 points in weight watchers).

So, when I got sick I went completely overboard in the other direction. I started eating broccoli every day and even considered wheat grass shakes (yuck!). I stopped using plastic bottles and plastic in the microwave and gave up my beloved microwave popcorn. I gave up a lot and to be honest mostly I don't miss it except for the darn diet coke.
I swore off all "diet" foods that contained any kind of manufactured sweetener - I wanted to stick to the basics as much as possible and diet coke does not have any redeeming qualities.

Very very slowly diet coke has crept back in to my life. Part of the reason is that when I go out I need something to drink and believe me the soda and cranberry thing gets really old.. especially when you are trying to fake yourself into thinking it's a real drink. So, the bad habits of bc are back, right up to having half empty diet coke cans filling the cup holders of my car.

Another bad habit that is back (or is a new bad habit) is the vast amount of

chocolate... candy bars, dark chocolate covered almonds, chocolate ice cream....
the chocolate is all over my house... and I really need to get a handle on it.
So, I am publicly announcing that I will not eat a single bite, slurp, lick or nibble of chocolate until Christmas day.
I am not quite ready to give up the dc, yet.
Lee - I would like some Turkey Hill Mint Oreo Chip ice cream to go on my waffles on Christmas morning - thank you!

No comments: