October 2, 2008

She looks so happy!

Yes, it is a commercial and she is supposed to be cheerful, but it does make me think that there are actually some women (and some men) that actually enjoy being in the kitchen...hmmmm...

I feel like I am always in the kitchen, but I am never there because I want to be there or because I am doing something enjoyable. I am there doing bad things.. washing dishes, making macs and cheese, making cereal (haha, couldn't resist that one), washing dishes, and pushing paper around on the "mail/junk counter" (you know what I mean bc everyone has one of these!)

In Teddy's house it is never Teddy who is in the kitchen... King Teddy prefers to sit at the counter and say things like "I wish I had more milk". He says this bc then he knows that I will stare dumbly at him for a few seconds and then with a look of incredulity pull the milk jug from the fridge and with great dramatic flair proceed to fill his empty glass.. while he tries not to laugh, and all the while knowing that once again, King Teddy is being served.

King Josh however loves the kitchen. I have no doubt that this goes hand in hand with his love for food. He likes to be involved in putting groceries away and he looks to open the cupboards and stare at the food. He also (ugh!) likes to bake and make things. This happens often when he is bored or when his friend Julia comes over. They so enjoy getting out the flour and the baking trays to make bread...edible only after Josh completely covers it in butter or sugar or honey or syrup...

One of those things that I would do if I ever won the lottery - I know I don't play the lottery, so I am never going to win - but just say that I did play and I did win, I would so get a personal chef and they would have to think of what was for dinner and make my specific food craving every day and I would never ever go in the kitchen. I would not even know how to get to the kitchen.

No comments: